We are an independent geotechnical engineering consultancy with a drive to bring digital efficiency gains to engineering companies. ProFound helps engineers focus on what they are good at. We focus on open-source technology and user-friendly solutions that will pay off from day one.
ProFound has extensive experience in the coordination of engineering teams and can guide software developments or the adoption of tools to improve digital efficiency.
Oil & gas needs to be extracted in a safe and responsible manner and ProFound can assure that oil & gas infrastructure is built on solid foundations.
ProFound BVBA has been involved in geotechnical design for offshore renewable energy structures since the development of the first large offshore wind farms in the North Sea. We can leverage […]
Bruno Stuyts – Managing director
Bruno started ProFound BVBA in 2014 to support engineering companies with tailormade geotechnical expertise. Over the course of a decade, he has been involved in offshore Oil & Gas and Renewable energy projects worldwide. From the first German offshore wind farm to ultra-deep water projects in West-Africa, Bruno has been committed to delivering state-of-the-art geotechnical solutions.
As the author of more than a dozen peer-reviewed technical papers, he is passionate about advancing the geotechnical knowledge and sharing these advances with the engineering community. Bruno enjoys working on the crossroads of engineering disciplines, ensuring that geotechnical, structural and data management aspects of offshore projects are aligned, with a view to improving engineering efficiency.
- Stuyts, B., Ellery, G.D., Davidson, J., Torres, I., Rose, M.J., 2017. A methodology for the probabilistic assessment of pile refusal due to boulder encounter. SUT OSIG 2017. London, U.K.
- Stuyts, B., Cathie, D., Powell, T., 2016. Model uncertainty in uplift resistance calculations for sandy backfill. Canadian Geotechnical Journal 53(11): 1831-1840.
- Blanc, M., Thorel, L., Wallerand, R., Stuyts, B., 2016. Effect of soil profile on the response of a sliding subsea foundation. 3rd International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, Nantes, France.
- Wallerand, R., Stuyts, B., Blanc, M., Thorel, L., Brown, N., 2015. A design framework for sliding foundations: Centrifuge testing and numerical modelling. Proceedings Offshore Technology Conference 2015. Houston, TX.
- Stuyts, B., Wallerand, R., Brown, N., 2015. A framework for the design of sliding mudmat foundations. 3rd International Symposium on Offshore Geotechnics. Oslo, Norway.
- Stuyts, B., Cathie, D., Guyatt, C., Boyde, P., Pyrah, J., 2015. Mechanical trencher modelling in hard ground: State-of-the-art. 3rd International Symposium on Offshore Geotechnics. Oslo, Norway.
- Stuyts, B., Gilbert, R.B., Cathie, D., 2013. A Reliability-Based Interpretation Framework for Pile-Supported Offshore Wind Turbines. Presented at the Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas.
- Stuyts, B., 2013. Reliability-based design of offshore wind turbine foundations, in: Proc. Conference on Maritime Energy. Presented at the COME, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg, Hamburg, Germany.
- Versteele, H., Stuyts, B., Cathie, D., Charlier, R., 2013. Cyclic loading of caisson-supported offshore wind structures in sand. Presented at the ISSMGE Conference, Paris, France.
- Kennedy, J., Oliphant, J., Maconochie, A., Stuyts, B., Cathie, D., 2013. Caisson: A Suction Pile Design Tool. Presented at the Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, OMAE2013.
- Stuyts, B., Cathie, D., Xie, Y., 2013a. Scour assessment and measurements for pile-supported wind turbine foundations. Presented at the Proc. of the 32nd Int. Conf. on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, OMAE2013.
- Ozsu, E., Ta, A.-N., Stuyts, B., Jaeck, C., 2013. Optimizing Pile Driving Fatigue for Offshore Foundations in Very Dense Sand: A Case Study. Presented at the Proceedings of the ASME 2013 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, OMAE2013.
- Merritt, A.S., Schroeder, F.C., Jardine, R.J., Stuyts, B., Cathie, D., Cleverly, W., 2012. Development of pile design methodology for an offshore wind farm in the North Sea. Presented at the SUT OSIG, London.
- Stuyts, B., Cathie, D., Falepin, H., Burgraeve, A., 2012. Axial pile capacity of wind turbine foundations subject to cyclic loading. Presented at the SUT OSIG 2012, London.
- Rouainia, M., Ramsey, M., Stuyts, B., 2012. Experimental investigation of cyclically axially loaded piles. Presented at the SUT OSIG 2012, London.
- Stuyts, B., Irvine, J., Cathie, D., 2011. Assessing the stability of piled tripod foundations for offshore wind turbines under cyclic loading. Presented at the Eurodyn, Leuven, Belgium.
- Cathie, D., Falepin, H., Stuyts, B., 2011. Force-resultant plasticity models for analysis of lateral buckling: Are they really needed. Presented at the SUT Lateral buckling symposium Perth.
- Stuyts, B., Vissers, V., Cathie, D.N., Jaeck, C., Dörfeldt, S., 2010. Optimizing site investigations and pile design for wind farms using geostatistical methods: a case study. Presented at the ISFOG, Balkema, Perth, WA.